Updated: Jul 13, 2020
Virtual Assistants are rapidly becoming the not so secret workforce contributing to the increased success of businesses and busy people worldwide.
Learning to delegate is by far the single greatest contributor to lower stress levels and a quicker path to success. Before you take on virtual staff, take a moment to make the following lists so you know what you are looking for:
1. Things you hate doing. (This should be easy)
2. Things you can't do yourself. (They are called experts for a reason)
3. Things you shouldn't be doing. (You may need some assistance from someone who knows and loves you to decide what these are)
Email & Schedule Management
One of the biggest time-sucks for professional’s and busy people is going through the daily inbox of emails and managing an ever changing daily schedule. Finding the right Virtual Assistant (we recommend an assistant in your time zone) to get to know your likes, dislikes, necessities, must haves and meeting preferences will save you the time you don’t have while allowing those hours to be better spent elsewhere.
1. Manage spam/ Filter emails
2. Manage customer service emails/chat
3. Update database/ CRM contacts
4. Create & send invites, greetings, emails, etc.
5. Manage daily calendar requests/changes
6. Schedule appointments/manage cancellations/set reminders
7. Manage travel planning and schedule arrangements.
Entrepreneurs and busy people have an idea a minute. Managing daily business/life needs while growing income streams can be a lot to handle. Virtual Assistants are great at implementing systems and processes designed to decrease necessary steps and keep you organized.
8. Google Drive/ DropBox/ Trello/ Airtable Organization
9. Data Entry
10. Create/Manage Spreadsheets or CRM
11. Prepare Powerpoint Presentations.
12. Managing and Maintaining Competitor Research.
Administrative/ Blogging/ Personal Tasks
Administrative tasks are often the basic backbone of a Virtual Assistants professional abilities. When it comes to administrative needs, consider your Virtual Assistant as a jack-of-all-trades.
13. Transcription video/audio
14. eBook layout/ formatting
15. Meeting minutes, preparation & management
16. Running reports
17. Form creation
18. Managing your scheduler
19. Template creation
20. Online research
21. Lead generation and follow up
22. Blog starts/ publishing/management
23. Moderating Comments
24. Adding tags and relevant hashtags
25. Receptionist duties
26. Voicemail management/ call backs
28. Basic bookkeeping
29. Personal errands (gift selection/ purchase, dr./dentist appointment scheduling, pet care, etc.)
30. Project management
32. Overseeing other staff
33. Creating handbooks/ training manuals
34. Train new staff
35. Track deadlines/ deliverable's
36. Manage e-commerce site
37. Social media management
38. Creating/managing/monitoring Facebook Fan Pages or groups and LinkedIn Networking Pods.
39. Promoting through social media & email marketing
40. Increasing social media following
41. Online networking
42. Create pinnable images/ scheduling/tracking
43. Create/edit/manage video uploads
44. Website updates
45. Posting blogs through various mediums
46. Blog research/creation
47. Utilize your assistant for family personal tasks.
48. Event management/organization
49. Event catering and accommodations
50. Guest list management and event live stream
If your contacts are not constantly increasing, your business reach and opportunity are not reaching their potential. Marketing requires a great deal of time, effort and creativity. Having a marketing sidekick that is just as invested in your business as you are is a must.
51. Manage lists in email marketing software
52. Adding/removing subscribers
53. Creating/scheduling emails
54. Managing follow up emails & auto responses
55. Editing/proofreading emails
56. Create newsletters with relevant content.
57. Edit audio files
58. Remove background noise on audio/video files
59. Add Intros & Outros
60. Add titles & names
61. Image editing
62. Podcast plugin installation
63. Podcast promotion
64. Podcast submission to major outlets
65. Podcast ads./networking on social media
66. Content creation/ Ghost blogging
67. SEO management
68. Press release writing/submission
69. Features in other newsletters
70. Copy writing
71. Directory/ award category submission
72. Article feature/ speaker feature or booking
73. Article marketing/ speaker feature marketing
74. Strategic partner development
SEO Web Marketing
Having a well versed SEO/ Web Marketing Virtual Assistant will enable your content to be positioned and marketed for long term traffic.
75. Site analysis
76. Keyword search
77.Create/manage landing pages
78. Webmaster submission
79. On-Page optimization (post specific)
80. Site Map Submission
81. Off-Page optimization (post specific)
82. Social bookmarking
83. Blog commenting
84. Forum participation/moderation
85. Create backlinks/ link building
86. Weekly/monthly analytics & traffic reports
87. Monthly keyword ranking
Graphic/ Web Design
Part of your image and branding circulates around the theme, color scheme, fonts and messages attached to your business.
88. Logo design
89. Banner, icon, header, campaign design.
91. Website design/mockups
92. Landing page creation
93. Payment/ scheduler integration.
Web Management/ Updates
Not having a website is a missed opportunity for the customers who may need you most to be able to find you.
94. Website updates
95. Make the best use of plugins and Apps. available
97. Functionality enhancement across technology devices
98. Site maintenance/ security measures.
99. CRM/social media integration
100. Payment gateway management
101. Email ticketing system