You've decided to take the road less traveled but most rewarding and start your own business. First of all, Congratulations! You have all these ideas and are ready to make it happen. But where do you start??
Right here ;)
I'm sure you have thought about what your product is and/or services you will offer.
Have you thought about your mission statement? A mission statement explains your company's goals. A summary of what your company does for its customers/clients, its community… the world.
Why do you need a mission treatment you ask? Well, it'll help clarify your business goals, and what you want your employees, investors, and customers to understand about your company. It will also help you write out your business plan.
One of the challenging parts of starting your own business is deciding on a business name. It's a struggle to identify a business name that truly encompasses your business and what it stands for that is equally as good for branding and marketing. Ask yourself these questions:
● What are your priorities for your business name?
● Easy to pronounce?
● Directly related to your product and services?
● What do you want people to think when they see or hear your business name?
● Our favorite part, brainstorm sessions! Keep your business in mind and write it all down.
● With your list of possibilities, do your research. Check your state’s business sites to see if the name you have chosen for your business is available. Now that you have a green light, it's time to protect your business name and register it with your state.
It's always scary taking the first step and diving in. You can take comfort in knowing that with Cascade Virtual, we have the experts that will guide you through all phases of your business, while your trusted virtual staff work with you daily to move your business forward.
Visit the site below for FREE BUSINESS CHECKLISTS to make sure you are on the right track to getting your business started.